Donate to FFGR, Inc.

WELCOME!

Get the latest!

FAST FRIENDS GREYHOUND RESCUE, INC.

Welcome to our news blog! Here you can access the latest information about what our organization is doing, information about greyhounds, photos, events, pertinent articles, and fun items that we think you will enjoy. Check back often as we are always posting new information.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Poem "Snow Buddy"


Snow Buddy

Snow is falling, oh what glee!
I’ll take my snow buddy out with me.

Outside I call to my Ruby!
Bolting cheerfully she meets me!

On with the plaid coat
Slide on the fleece snood

Preparation for play
A must I say

Leaps and bounds, front paws to the ground
Haunches upward to the sky

Twisting, turning to and fro
Circle tracks all in the snow

Strutting up and down the street
Wagging her tail at strangers she meets

Burying her nose deep in the snow
To sniff the smells on the ground below

Looking at me she doesn’t know
That on her nose there’s a puff of snow

Her demeanor fills me with such delight
Joy and happiness floods my soul

My snow buddy is so sweet
She prances around my soiled feet

Skipping the steps up to the porch
She runs and jumps with a flying leap

Back inside she waits for me
I’ll slip her a biscuit a special treat

She slides back to her blanketed bed
To dream of her adventures in her head

Till next time when she hears the word
Outside snow buddy, just you and me!

Written By: Ashley Lake
Inspired By: Ruby (at the Bridge)

No comments:

Post a Comment